PE and School Sport Premium
The government in England is providing additional and substantial, ring-fenced funding to provide support to primary PE and school sport. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school to spend on improving the quality of physical education and sport for all their children.
Vision - Government
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Vision – School
That all children will:
- know how to keep themselves fit and healthy, including having the knowledge and understanding to make healthy choices regarding their diet
- have the skills to engage in whatever sport they would most like to engage in
- have the confidence to take part in team sports and to compete at a local level
- have the opportunity to engage in a range of organised and independent physical activities at break and lunch times
- develop their fine and motor gross skills to allow them to enjoy team and individual physical play
- develop the leadership skills necessary to be able to referee games and lead other year groups in sports, including running sports day and becoming play leaders
- reach standards of excellence across a range of skills over time through their PE lessons.